Step by Step: Getting Your License
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a high-school diploma or equivalent (like GED).
- Have good character.
- You do NOT need to be a Florida resident.
- If you are already licensed in another state, you might qualify for a mutual recognition license if you are in one of the 8 states that have an agreement with Florida.
Real Estate Course
- Consists of 63 hours.
- Must be approved by the Florida Real Estate Commission.
- Students may miss no more than 8 hours of class.
- Students must complete a 100-questions final examination with a score of at least 70%.
Applying for the Florida Exam
- Apply even before taking your course exam.
- Get your application from the state or apply online today.
- Get lots of information from the Candidate Information Booklet
- The application must be notarized and the following items included:
The State Exam
- Given by Pearson VUE, Inc. at 21 locations in Florida.
- The charge is $36.75 per exam.
- The exam is given on a small touch-screen computer.
- Exam is graded immediately after completion.
- Successful candidates may begin working after sending Form RE-11(signed by the employer) to the DBPR.
- Enroll in the online course.
- Get your application in the mail, or complete your application online.
- Begin your exciting real estate career!
Ready to get started now?
Now that you are familiar with the steps required to get your real estate license, we highly recommend our 63-hour Online Sales Associate Pre-license Course. It fulfills all the requirements listed above and we offer our course bundled with or without an impressive selection of exam prep products which we have developed in-house from the ground up to complement the online course. We have been educating real estate professionals in our classrooms for decades and our reputation is second to none (click here to see what our students have to say about us)!
|Real Estate License and Exam Fees|
|Initial application for sales associate||$83.75|
|Initial application for broker||$91.75|
|Initial application for school instructor||$83.75|
|Testing fee paid to Pearson VUE directly for each exam||$36.75|