You can expect to see four questions on the end-of-course exam and four questions on the state exam from this unit.
After successfully completing this topic, you will be able to
• explain the significance of the Jones vs. Mayer court case,
• list the types of real estate included under the different fair housing acts,
• recognize the groups protected under the 1968 Fair Housing Act,
• list the property exempt from the 1968 Fair Housing Act and the protected classes,
• List the two protected classes added to the 1988 Fair Housing Amendment,
• describe the types of discriminatory acts that are prohibited under the 1968 Fair Housing Act,
• describe the HUD process for handling a complaint under the 1968 Fair Housing Act,
• describe the objectives and major provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act,
• describe the major provisions of the Florida Residential Landlord and Tenant Act, and
• describe the major provisions of the Interstate Land Sales Disclosure Act.
|handicap status||subdivided land|
State and federal agencies enforce the many laws regulating real estate practices. In this unit you’ll learn about the Fair Housing Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Landlord and Tenant Act, and the Interstate Land Sales Disclosure Act.