After successfully completing this topic, you will be able to
- state which criminal history disclosures the applicant must make,
- describe the intent of the affirmation in the application for licensure.
- list at least five requirements for the real estate application, and
- state the age and education requirement for an application.
Requirements for Real Estate Applicants
- Age: At least 18 years old.
- Education: Hold a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Background disclosures: The applicant must respond accurately and completely to the background information by disclosing
- if convicted of a crime or ever entered a plea of nolo contendere,
- if ever declared mentally incompetent,
- if denied, or had a license suspended or revoked in another state or if not current on child-support payments,
- denied license or registration to practice a regulated profession, and
- whether found guilty of any conduct or practice that would have been grounds for suspension or revocation under F.S. 475.
- Citizenship: Need not be citizens of the United States.
- Immigrants: Allows Qualified foreign-speaking persons to be licensed.
- Social Security Number: Must have a United States Social Security number.